My passion, is to catch great candid photos!

2009-This will be a little look into what Infertility can make a person think and do.

2011-Now this has turned into a Photography Blog. The infertlity is real and has pushed us back on growing into a family. We will be raising and saving funds for an adoption possibly in the future. For now its try and live life and be happy.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Round 2 of Bloodwork!

January 25, 2010 was CD3! Yay, not. This was the 3 day of my "cycle" on this day they take more vials of blood to check I believe the most important is my FSH levels/Estrogen. Needless to say, I was a NERVOUS wreck going back in for blood work! I was also having a 2 hour Glucose Test done, get it over and done with.

So the night before I have to fast in order to have the Glucose Test done. I tell Patrick I need something good to eat, before the test. I tell him I want "Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad from, Cheddars." Well, I get Nachos from El Nopalitos?! Whatever. I am soo nervous that I didn't get to sleep until 1:30AM! I was cleaning, organizing and CHUGGING water like CRAZY.
I had to be downtown by 8am to get started with the testing. I wake up at 6:30am and start CHUGGING more water! I soooo do not want to relive the last time with bw! As I am driving I am nice and calm driving in the morning rush hour traffic, chugging more water. The drive wasn't bad, if I would have been running late then YES it would have been terrible. I had our GPS to help me find the way while IN downtown, so I wouldn't get too lost, lol. Made it there in perfect timing, then realized I don't have any cash for the garage. Oh man, what am I going to do? I figured I would wait until later to worry about that I mean I was going to be there for almost 3 hours anyway.
So off to the office I go, water and all. Stocked the iPod with new tunes and a audio book so I would have plenty to keep me occupied. Upon entering the office I make my way to the "Laboratory" (I can I just run the other way!) seemed like such a long distance for the destination of no return. I walk in and the nurse wasn't the NICEST, but I was an unexpected guest, but whatever lets just get this over with. I am then called back to get the 1st set of vials taken. I tell her about my incident from last time and we made some quick adjustments: Tried the arm that works best with me, and a nice COLD icepack already in place, aah so nice. IT WAS QUICK AND OVER WITH IN NO TIME!! Thank You! But she had to see IF I could do the Glucose Test by checking the begging levels 1st....GO TO GO! Alright now to drink this "Fruit Punch sugar water". There was a lady in the waiting room drinking hers and she was having a hard time with it, me nope I've been chugging water all morning, this flavored 12oz was NOTHING. I also had to pee really bad by now and didn't want to take my drink in the bathroom with me. Soo CHUG, CHUG! I finished before the lady that was in the waiting room, lol.
Now to seat and wait for 2 hours to see how the body breaks down the sugars. The lady in the waiting room, I really hope I see her again she was great company AND expecting TWINS!! She and I chatted for a good while before I was just like soo tired. Not sure if it was from the drink or the little sleep from the "morning" before. So she went in for her testing and I turned on the iPod and listened to abit of my book, while I sat with my head in my palm against my cozy jacket half asleep. She came out and before she left she wished me good luck! Soo heart warming, she was given a 8 to10% chance for her procedure to work and they only had enough for the one shot and she ends up with 2! I can only wish to be in her shoes in the next few months when we find out what can be done.
I then decide its time to call my boss and let them now I MAY be alittle late. So I go to the lobby and call my Bestie, lol I know I'm supposed to be calling my Boss! But I wanted to call her before she went into work. I walk outside to the street curb and it is flurrying and I just soo love downtown, let alone when all the hustle and bustle is happening but the weather does not care. It is nice and slow as it floats down. I just love the snow, I could watch it for days and never get tired of it.
Then I call the Boss as I should have 1st, and tell them I was downtown getting blood drawn and a 2 hr test. It then is close to my 2ND time for the blood drawn, now on this round I could drink water but could NOT chug the water like I was in the morning. But I was optimistic I made it through the 1st one without a sign of passing out I can on this one too!
I go back upstairs, sit in the waiting area next to a husband/boyfriend. His wife gets called back (she was there for a 1 hour glucose test). Its me next!! After just abit he looks over at me and says "You've been here awhile?" Me "Yea, but I'm next!" lol Can only imagine how crazy it looked for me to be there before they arrived, leave for an hour and then show BACK UP?! lol Then its my turn! Here we go, by now I am still feeling queasy, not sick but not great. Sorta felt like I good just feeling the "sugar water" coating my empty stomach. So she ask how I feel, I say not great kinda feel bad and tired. I really didn't know how tired I was until it was time to hold the ice pack against my neck, but it felt soo good, lol. She was able to be quick and easy once again without a hitch of the passing out again!!!!! Sooo thrilled! So off I go to get me some food and head to work.
Then I'm like oh yea, paying for my parking?! How can that be done? They location has a concierge to help with your questions and thankfully the garage takes Credit!! Wohoo, I can get my car out! lol
I was soo tired and just didn't feel like my normal self. So I just headed back my work area to find something to eat. Stopped and got me a burger and that still just didn't make me feel better. I had sometime before I had to be at work and soo could have came home but it I had I might have fallen asleep and missed getting to work on time. So I picked up the food and went straight to work.
I went in and told them I just wasn't me. I did my best and didn't feel better until mid-day! Crazy
After awhile this lady comes up and says HI! I WAS THE LADY FROM THE WAITING ROOM!! I was soo happy to see her out in the real world. I must see her and get her name so we can keep contact.
So as of right now we are still waiting on results and I am still waiting on the final previous work up to be sent over. Feeling good, optimistic about what our future holds, but whatever it is. IT WILL BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment